GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND SOCIAL WORK RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, of Workforce Development, a licensed clinical social worker, must apply some independent judgment in providing social/support services to continuing education students, create referrals when necessary, and meet them individually. Social Worker will also research and prepare reports, collect and analyze data, draft manuals, draft policies and procedures, create forms, make presentations, and maintain confidential records. Social Worker will also utilize sponsor reporting and tracking systems when required, make external presentations, and coordinate with community programs and services when necessary.
Social Worker must possess leadership and the ability to think creatively and strategically to assist students in addressing challenges/barriers. Social Worker will liaise bridges to other Hostos college and transitional programs including but not limited to, the Young Men’s Initiative, Bridge to LPN, Hostos/DYCD Earn & Learn, High School Equivalency (HSE), CUNY pre-college programs and others.
As a hands-on position, the Social Worker will be working closely with Coordinators and students to help develop the services and transition plans for each student, monitor their progress and help support their successful transition to college, work and/or training programs. The Social Worker will also interface with Hostos Division faculty and management to ensure positive, collaborative relationships.
- Directly supervise case managers and when there are social work students to supervise; conduct weekly team meetings and oversees the quality of all assessments and reports originated by the case management team
- Deliver comprehensive advisement support services such as guidance counseling with-in the context of the college setting, case management, and referrals to social service agencies and other resources
- Under supervision, apply short-term mental health modality when appropriate
- Ensure case notes, intake assessments and data is entered correctly and in a timely manner
- Review student progress to ensure successful completion of the program and employment
- Maintain program documentation and statistics; ensure the timely submission of data in client database; write required reports.
- Outreach to other staff as needed to support student success
- Create individualized plans with students to ensure successful completion of program and employment
- Collaborate with others to develop special client service/informational activities, e.g. career days, health awareness, etc.
- Attend outside training as assigned and completes certification programs essential to the project
- Ensure a timely follow-up with students referred for services
- Develop positive working relationships and regular communication with other referral sources, service providers, and community resources to facilitate service delivery
- Assist database manager with tracking students’ training and results of completion
- Perform other duties as assigned
- One to two evenings hours required per week – Flexible work schedule
- Saturday’s when needed and for Open Houses
- use discretion, and sound judgment with handling confidential materials and information especially student records
- work under deadlines, with changing priorities
- respond calmly to emergencies and resolve student concerns
- establish community networks and work effectively with community groups
- seek assistance when needed
- write clearly and produce/edit accurate, well-organized, and understandable reports
- communicate effectively, ability to listen and quickly respond to others
- work in a team, as well as independently.
- LMSW required; LCSW preferred
- Strong background in TANF, HRA, ACS and NYCHA preferred
- Experience working with diverse populations in low-income communities
- Demonstrated experience creating and sustaining relationships with partnering agencies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Team-player with creative problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Division of Continuing Education and Wor
Depends on Qualifications
Sep 27, 2021 (Or Until Filled)